Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day



This is my grandpa, Angelo.  He fought in World War II, and he will be 97 in July.  
And while this is the beginning of summer, it is also a weekend to remember those who fight so that we are able to have and do all of these wonderful and amazing things each and every day.  I hope you take some time out of your weekend to remember them.  Whether it's family, friends, or the man or woman in your neighboorhood, say thank you.  

My grandpa recently went on a grip through Honor Flight Chicago.  He flew to Washington D.C. on a flight full of WWII vets to have a day full of fun and to see the WWII memorial.  Something he has always wanted to see.  You can donate to an Honor Flight program in your area, and you can read the newspaper article about his trip here.

Have a great weekend.  



4 comments:

Krissy said...

Continued health to your grandfather! Wow :)

Following from Follow Me Friday. :) I hope you can visit and follow me as well!! Have a great weekend!

http://theartsymom.tk

liz said...

Oh, Amy! He is just adorable! I hope you and your family has a very special weekend planned.

julietk said...

Happy memorial weekend How lucky you are to still have your grandpa around :-) so many of that brave generation are gone. Thank you for your comment on my Dobby Sculpture too

Liz said...

just grabbed your new button!