Saturday, May 22, 2010

A little motivation please...

I've been very bad. And maybe you all can help me.

A few weeks ago I posted about the Couch to 5K.  I owned this thing before having Jack.  Running was so easy for me and I would run 5 days a week.  Five mile runs were a regular thing.  Now I am lucky if I get there once or twice a week.  I don't want to make excuses, but life has gotten in the way.

I am tired.  Exhausted.  I am up at 5, work all day, and then after cleaning, cooking and putting Jack to bed, the last thing I want to do is work out.  I have been attempting the Couch to 5K again yet it has not been going so well because I am not working out as much.  When I do make it to the gym I start thinking about all other things I should be doing and sometimes end of leaving half way through out my workout.

I know once summer break is here I will have a lot more time to do this program but for now I need some motivation, and maybe some organization in my life. 

What do you do to stay motivated?  How do you fit everything in, and make time for you?  Although I am back to my pre-baby weight my body is definitely not the same.  I just want to tone up, to feel good.

Please help me out!!! : )

P.S.  For those of you that are looking for an awesome running program this one is it.  It's a great way for those non-runners to ease their way into becoming a running fool!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

O lord, I wish I could help. I started hitting the treadmill a few weeks ago and it felt great. I'd jump on after I got C to bed. The half hour completely for me felt great. But then she started fighting bedtime again and now I'm right back to being a lazy bum.
Good luck. I've heard great things about the couch to 5K program.

Christie said...

I am in the same boat as you. I am also back at my original weight, but I want to feel toned/healthy again. I am also a teacher, and I have surrendered to the fact that until school ends, I will not be able to work out. It's just TOO HARD. The baby is still so needy, I can't "schedule" a time to work out. And when I do have an hour of time, I need to get other things done or just plain rest.
My original goal was to do cardio on the weekends and maybe do a night or two of toning during the week (as I watch my fave tv shows), just to keep myself from getting rusty until summer came around. Perhaps that's a small goal you can try?
Hang in there, you're not alone! Being a new mom is WAY more demanding than I ever thought!

KLZ said...

You're doing better than me just by getting to the gym sometimes. Wish I could help you more but it sounds like you're already doing well!

Amanda Bynum Photography said...

When you figure it out, please share with me!! I think its excellent that you get to the gym as often as you do--and even were able to do the couch to 5K before--I've set out to do it before and FAILED! Don't be so hard on yourself!