Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A book recomendation and a lesson learned

So I love to read. Ever since I was a little girl I remember LOVING to read.  My mom would take me to the library and I would leave with a stack of books too tall for me to carry.   Now, some people may say the books are read are "not real literature", but I love them anyways.  I love a good chick novel; or a great love story.  I love to read a book and cry; I love to read a book that is just plain fun.

So a girl at my work gave me a book that she said was "amazing".  She said she sat and cried while reading it.  I took it, saying "I don't have any time to read, but I'll take it".  I finished it in two days.

I read it before bed, I read it during my lunch break, I even read it while my I rocked Jack to sleep last night.  I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. 
This was the book:

I recommend this book for any mom, or for anyone who loves a good love story.  A warning though, this book is also extremely sad.  After reading it I couldn't stop thinking about it.  There is a great lesson about life in this book, one that will make you stop, slow down, and really take a look at what's important in life.

If you have read this book, I would love to know what you thought, and if you haven't find the time to read it.

13 comments:

Sara said...

I love this book! Rarely do I remember details of a book, but this one has stuck with me--the lesson of the 5 balls. Great lesson. Awesome book! A must read--and re-read! Thank you for reminding me of this book.

Amber said...

I adore this book! I've read it at least 3 times. I sob through the last few chapters every time.

Evonne said...

I think I am Patterson's #1 fan. How have I not read this book?!? Shame on me!

I am definitely going to get this. Thanks!

And thanks for the warning to have tissues on hand :)

Christine said...

Sad like how? Like baby dies sad? I'm looking for new books actually, but I'm a worrier, so it depends on how SAD we're talking. I do love James Patterson though...

Anonymous said...

This was a great book, I remember it making me cry... but it was a good cry because we all know life isn't perfect. I would highly recommend it for anyone.

MrsA.Woods said...

I'm not a reader by any means, but this is one of the (very) few books I have read... and I couldn't put it down either.

Carrie said...

The only books I read are the ones I can't put down... and read in a day or two. If it's work, I don't read it! ;) (PS, left you an "award" on my blog today!)

Carrie said...

I don't read a book unless it's one I can't put down! ;) I might just have to pick this one up! PS, left you an award on my blog today!

liz said...

I'm SOOO not a reader!

Courtenay said...

This is the ONLY book I have read more than once:-0

daniii♥ said...

great book!

(visiting from nff)

Heather said...

I am pretty sure I have read this, but at this point on a Friday night I cannot remember. I will have to go find a copy and thumb through it.

Have a great weekend and a great Mother's Day.

Stop by if you get the chance. My blog features every day stories and also book reviews.

Chantel said...

I am the same way, I absolutely love to read.
I will have to add this to my list of books to read. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, feel free to visit anytime!
mythoughtsandtreasures.blogspot.com