Wednesday, April 28, 2010


There are days I wish I could stay at home and not have to work. I would get to spend my days with Jack and not have to worry, the house would be cleaner, and we would eat nicer meals.  In a perfect world that would be the case. But honestly, I feel that work gives me balance. It makes me truly appreciate every moment I have with him. It keeps me sane and is teaching me to become more organized and able to handle stress.  And as strange as this may sound, I think I may be a better mom this way. 


Every evening after work my husband and I say to myself "It seems like Jack has grown so much since last night!"  And as he grows, I say to myself, "This is my favorite stage so far".   I am sure as Jack keeps growing, I will say this many MANY more times.  But for now, I will say, this is definately my favorite time.

Yes I love the newborn stage.  The tiny hands and feet,  the way he laid on my chest all night, the newnesss and amazement of it all,  the way he "needed" me.  But as he has grown, there have been so many other things that I love. 


He is such a big boy now.  I love how when he sits by himself he has this look of amazement, a look of  "I can't believe this is happening!"  I love how he is no longer crabby (for the most part), from the minute I get home from work until the minute he goes to bed.  This time is now filled with playing and laughing and enjoying all the new things there are to enjoy.  I love watching the look in his eyes when he sees something for the very first time. I love that he looks to me when other people are around, making sure he is safe, and that he reaches up for me when he is playing. 

Jack may not be tiny, or lay on my chest at night or comfort anymore, but he still needs me. Working or not.  That's what I love.  I am enjoying every second of it.

11 comments:

Frugal Vicki said...

I am just like you, I keep saying that this is my favorite part! The one that does seem to be the most most most favorite with each kid is from 1-2, oh such cuties they are!

liz said...

He always has the most gentle, sweet expressions!

The Activity Mom said...

Great post! Jack is adorable!

KLZ said...

Oh! I agree...every stage is my favorite. I love watching our little guy reach his arms up to be cuddled. I love watching him learn and how proudly he pulls up to a stand now.

We're so lucky to be moms (even if I joke about it 24/7)

Betsy said...

I totally get the need for balance! I work from home, and if I was home all day without that work to do, I would go right. Out. Of. My. Mind!

Nicole said...

So sweet! My son Blake likes to smile and touch my face. It's the sweetest thing, and so far, it's my favorite. I wonder what my favorite thing will be next week, because they just keep getting better, don't they?

Amie said...

This is so sweet, and the pictures are just beautiful. I also love how they reach for you at this stage. I had a period of sadness when I felt as if my little one didn't need me as much anymore, but it made me feel SO much better when she started reaching for me! :)

extreme personal measures said...

Stopping by from The Girl Creative’s New Friend Friday. I am your newest follower. Adorable!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Your photos are marvelous! What a precious little model. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to follow my blog earlier this morning! I am returning the follow.

Have a terrific weekend!

Julianna said...

I feel the same way! I have two little ones and although working is tough it does keep me balanced. I miss them a lot but when I'm with them I think I appreciate them more.
Your little guy is so cute! I'm a new follower from New Friend Friday.

Christine said...

Such a sweet post. :)

I also wanted to add that I got the earrings I won in the mail today!! I love them, thanks for doing the giveaway!

Oh, and I love the new look of the blog. I just had mine redone too! Did you do it yourself?