Thursday, April 22, 2010

Six Months...and Lessons Learned

Can it really be six months already? I still see Jack as this tiny, new, beautiful baby, yet I know he isn’t. He is growing so fast into a little man. So much has happened in six months. I have learned so much about myself, so much about life.

I learned that I am a much better mom than I thought I could ever be.  I have learned the true meaning of "teamwork" by having a great husband who helps out so much around the house. I have learned that spit-up and poopy diapers are just part of my day now.  I have learned to admit when I need help and to also accept it.  I have learned to “not sweat the small stuff”. 


I have learned that not always having a clean house, or a gourment meal for dinner is okay.  I have learned that having a child is the most amazing experience I will ever have, and that I need to enjoy every single second of it…before I know it my now six month old will be leaving for college.
Most importantly though, I have learned, it's not about me. 

I can only imagine what else I will learn over these next months, and years.

I would love to hear from you.  What are one, two or 100 things you have learned as a mom?  I love reading your comments!



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

MrsA.Woods said...

I've learned that every event or instance I thought was difficult doesn't hold a candle to leaving your baby when it's time to return to work. It's the hardest thing I've ever done.

I've learned that you can never be overprepared for parenthood.

I've learned that no one can truly put into perspective how difficult having a baby is... or for that matter, how absolutely wonderful it is.

I've learned that you don't have a good sense of what life is about until you look into the eyes of your child for the first time. In an instance it all makes sense.

Elizabeth said...

hey, thanks for your comment on my blog! Jack is very cute little guy! :)

and, I have learned that it's ok to have messes, and to relax. I freaked out the first time Joshua decided to fling yogurt all over everything, but then I realized he's just having fun and learning new things, and cleaning it up won't take that long.

liz said...

If you think it's fun now, it only gets better after the 6 month mark! That's when all the fun changes happen...eating food, sitting on his own, starting to interact more, crawling, pulling up...all that fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!! I can tell you are a great mother who obviously loves your son to the moon and back... the shirts are absolutely adorable and you have one handsome son!! Best of luck with everything, and remember, cherish the small moments always. Parenthood is about discipline, sure, but remember, motherhood is FUN too!! Taking him for ice cream (not yet, of course), going to the playground, those are the memories which matter!!

Kate said...

These are a great series of pictures! As a Mom it's amazing to think about how much you learn (and how much you forget). Thanks for stopping by Webster's Updates! Hope to see you back.

Amie said...

Love the pictures, as always!
We will be at the six month mark tomorrow and I could not agree with you more.

I have learned that a ponytail is a great hairstyle option.

I have learned that makeup is almost always optional.

I have learned that water being splashed out of an infant tub all over a room won't really hurt anything...it is actually quite funny.

I have learned that those "convenient" little snaps on the legs of sleepers aren't so convenient when it is 4:30 a.m. and your little one is kicking like crazy.

I have also learned that time flies by faster than ever with a baby...we are enjoying every moment and taking TONS of pictures! =)

Anne said...

What a fun idea to put those shirts on him each month and take pics! I will have to do that with our next one...whenever that will be! I have learned to ask for help...and that wine at the end of a long day can make everything better. :-)