Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Terrible? Not even close

Terrible twos.  I heard this term and thought "Oh please.  What's a little screaming and a few tantrums?"


Um Yeah.  I am eating my words.  Everyday.  It started with a few "No's" here and there and pushing the limits once in a while.  We gave time outs, and my cute little 2 year old would say sorry, give hugs and go back to being my cute, well behaved little boy.


Something changed.  My little boy is now a screaming, tantruming, flopping around, hitting machine.  "No" feels like it's the only word used now. No dinner.  No cleaning up toys.  No brushing teeth, or sleeping, or changing diaper.  Even some "I NO love you's " thrown in there.  


I know this is a phase.  I know this is something that everyone goes through and I know it will pass soon enough.  But for now this is frustrating and exhausting and heart breaking to see your sweet little guy change.  I have had my fair share of crying, and "mommy time outs", but am hoping this passes sooner than later.


If you have anything that has worked for you, during this "terrible" time, I'd love to hear from you. 


Have a great Wednesday.


No comments: