Sunday, February 12, 2012

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

I hope you are all having a wonderful pre-Valentine's Day weekend.  I know I am so happy to just relax. 


I had a little extra time Sunday while Jack napped, and decided to make a Valentine's Day treat.  I am not kidding you when I tell you these are so easy and so delicious that ANYONE can make them.


Your will win your loved ones over with these cookies (that is if you don't eat them all!).  They are made with Red Velvet boxed cake mix, and can be cut using a heart cookie cutter.  I like my crinkles a little more puffy, so I left them the way they are.


Thank you so much to Two Peas and Their Pod for the amazing recipe.  Now go make some...and share the love.



Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

Yield: 2 dozen heart shaped cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

ingredients:

1 box red velvet cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar, for rolling the cookies
Heart shaped cookie cutter, optional

directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper  and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and flour. Whisk until clumps disappear. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together cake mix, flour, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Take about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and form into a ball. Roll the ball in powdered sugar until fully coated. Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are set and cookies begin to crack.
3. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. If desired, cut cookies into heart shapes, using a heart shaped cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely. 


Check out other Valentine's Day related goodies over at Dear Lillie's Valentine Link Party!  




No comments: