Monday, January 24, 2011

success....

I am a big lunch eater.  At work I eat enough for 3 people sometimes....BUT since I have been on my "diet"  I have really become more aware of what I eat during my work day.  I have learned that I can still eat a lot of food but not consume 2000 calories. 

Since I started myfitnesspal.com 5 weeks ago, I have lost 5 pounds.  That's right 5.  I came home from the gym yesterday morning, and swore to my husband that the scale must be broken, but it's not.  This has been so much easier than I anticpated, and I am not counting calories on the weekend! 

So I after I celebrated my success with about 100 Hershey Kisses, I realized that this can be done.  Who knows how long it will last, but in keeping up with Heir to Blair, I thought I would list some of the changes I have made:

1.  Becoming aware of what I am eating, and not just stuffing my face.
2. No more Starbucks, or any other high calorie fancy drink. (this one was hard)
3. No snacks after dinner, also difficult, but I instead have tea and keeps me full.
4.  Getting into a workout routine and sticking to it.
5.  Stopping when I am full, I don't need to be "stuffed"

So I'm half way there.  I feel pretty happy....if anything, it's a great way to start a week.  I hope you all had a good Monday, only 4 more days til the weekend.

 

No comments: