Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The easiest holiday snack you will ever make....

I used to love making these complex meals and desserts that took hours to prepare, cook and serve.  It made me feel like I was a wife; you know, like a real one.

Things changed, and now I'm all about recipes being easy and quick.  This is holiday fav is at the top of my easy and quick list, and I am pretty sure it will bring you right up to the top of Santa's nice list.

This is perfect for all of those holiday parties you have to go to, and even makes cute little gifts for co-workers or friends!

I don't know the name of this recipe, so I will call them "Holiday Pretzels with Chocolate"

All you need is the following:


Waffle shaped pretzels
Hershey Kisses (I used peppermint and chocolate)
M&M's



  1. 1. Heat the oven to 170F. Set a number of bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels (one for each treat) in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug.

  2. 2. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes (the white chocolate will melt more quickly), until the chocolates feel soft when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press an M&M's candy into the center of each Kiss.

  3. 3. Allow the treats to cool for a few minutes, then place them in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes. Place handfuls of the candies in clear plastic bags and tie on colorful ribbons.


I would love to hear from you about your favorite holiday snacks!  I am always looking for new ideas!

No comments: