Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer S'more Squares

I love S'mores, (who doesn't) but don't often get to make them around a campfire like the old days.  Well welcome my Summer S'more Bites.  These are the easiest, dessert I have made I think, and perfect for those summer cookouts minus the campfire.

And this time, that is my photo.  I am trying to get back into photography skills.  Maybe with the loss of my job, will come some much needed photography time! 

Have a great week!

Summer S'more Squares
 Yields 24

Ingredients:
12 graham cracker sheets

12 large marshmallows
24 Hershey's Kisses


Directions:

Break graham cracker sheets in half.  Using a knife (or clean scissors) cut each marshmallow into 2 halves. Heat oven to Low Broil and place oven rack two levels below broiler. Align graham crackers in the center of a cookie sheet about 1/2" apart from each other (be sure they are near the center so they are directly under the broiler and cook more evenly at the same time). Top each graham cracker with a marshmallow with the cut/sticky side down. Place marshmallow topped graham crackers under broiler (turn oven light on if you have one). KEEP WATCHING!  Watch them closely as they will toast quickly, allow to toast until golden rotating pan with oven mitt as needed.  (I burnt a batch becuase I wasn't watching, so be careful!).  Once golden immediately remove from oven, place 1 Kiss in the center of each toasted marshmallow and gently press down. For best results serve warm, just like a real S'more.
*You will probably have to broil two pans, as only about 12 crackers fit on a pan.

3 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

This is a great idea! We just got a fire pit so we've been roasting marshmallows and making s'mores again but I like this as a quicker way to make a bunch at a time. I've made them in the microwave but the marshmallow can explode if you leave it too long!! lol!

Anonymous said...

looks delicious! thank you for the b'day wishes. sorry I didn't say something sooner. wishing you a beautiful week Amy. xxo

Unknown said...

Those look like a delightful mess to eat!!! Yummmm