Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DIY book shelves

So I am not much of a DIYer.   I have a list of things I would love to do one day, but I never find the time or energy to do them. One of my Summer to-do's, is to tackle a few of my DIY projects.  This is my first...I picked it becuase it is so simple and cheap to do! (and my husband did the painting).

Jack has so many books; they have been piling up in baskets and on shelves.  I found these DIY bookshelves on Pinterest (my favorite!).  I got these spice racks at IKEA, they were only $3.99 each.
My husband bought some white spray paint and gave them a little spray, and voila! you have these adorable bookshelves. 
 

Now they don't hold tons of books, but they don't take up a lot of space, and they are just so cute. Best of all, Jack loves them.

Not bad for my first DIY project right!?

Have a great Tuesday, and I would love to hear about your favorite, simple DIY projects!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: