Thursday, November 11, 2010

Working Mom Meals: slow cooker edition.

 

 

I never had a slow cooker.  I always heard how easy it made meals but thought it was all just hype.  Well I recently got a slow cooker from my review with CSN and decided to try it out last weekend.  The result was almost perfection.  This was by far the easiest meal I have ever made and it was soooo delicious.  My husband couldn't believe how good it was.  I adapted the original recipe from here.  I think the vegetables make the meal.   Next time I may add potatoes also.  I did not take pictures because it tastes WAY better than it looks.

This recipe serves 8....(or my husband and I for two nights).

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can (14.5 ounce) chicken broth
  • 1 bag frozen vegetables (I use peas, carrots and corn
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Directions

  1. Place the chicken, butter, soup,  broth and onion in a slow cooker.  (if needed add water to cover) 
  2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High.
  3. About 2 hours before serving add vegetables.
  4. About 1 hour before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

No comments: