Saturday, December 8, 2012

Snowball Cookies

 
 
One of my favorite memories from growing up is making holiday cookies with my mom.  We made all kids of Christmas cookies, painted ones, sprinkle ones...you name it. Now I just LOVE baking. And these little balls of butter, chocolate and pecans are a no brainer at the holidays.  It is..
 
 the snowball cookie
 
For me it's not Christmas without these simple little cookies
They are pefect to share at your work, holiday party or cookie swap....or they are perfect with a cup of cold milk. While you are sitting in front of the tree. Listening to your favorite Christmas tunes. Try them, and enjoy..
 


Snowballs (recipe courtesy of inthelittleredhouse.com)**
 
3/4 c butter, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBS water
1/8tsp salt
1/3 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1 c chocolate chips
1 c chopped pecans or walnuts (I choose pecans)
Powdered sugar, for dusting.
 
Cream butter, vanilla, water, sugar and salt. Add flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
Form into 1” balls. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool for a few minutes. Roll in powdered sugar (or "make it snow" on top of them) while still warm.
 
**I noticed that they tuned out way better when I chilled the dough for 10 minutes before baking, otherwise I had melted snowballs.
 
 
 
 

No comments: