Monday, December 3, 2012

Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies











My Christmas baking has officially started.  I decided to start the season off with one of my favs...chocolate crinkle cookies.  I posted these 2 years ago on my blog and they such cute little pillows of fudgy delight that I wanted to post them again.  

This time, however, I decided to Christmas them up just a bit more by adding the smallest hint of peppermint.  These give them such a great little twist and go perfect with a tall cold glass of milk.  I know that Santa would go crazy over a plate of these cookies when he stops by your home. 

 This recipe is super easy, and best made while listening to Christmas carol's, watching the snow fall outside,  and drinking a glass of wine.  Enjoy.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Makes about 6 dozen cookies
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)

In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture.  Add peppermint extract and combine.  Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls with lightly oiled palms. Coat each ball in confectioners’ sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets. (I also rolled some in Christmas sprinkles!)

Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.

Enjoy!

No comments: