Monday, October 11, 2010

I loooooooooooooove looooooooooong weekends.

I do.  It's amazing how just one extra day can make a person feel so much more relaxed, and rested.  Feel like they can get so much more done and catch up on so many things.  I did all of those this weekend.  Slept in and relaxed on Sunday knowing I had an extra day to get errands done.  I was able to clean the ENTIRE house!  I even was able to organize and get rid of old things! 
\
Most importantly....we had fun. I can't believe how smart Jack is becoming.  He understands so much now and is taking EVERYTHING in.   So on Saturday we went apple picking in Michigan.  I love how we can drive an hour and a half away and feel like we are in a different world.  So open and relaxing. 



 Can you believe it was almost 90 degrees, in the second week of October, in Michigan???  I was a little disappointed in that, as I prefer a cool fall weekend, but we were able to go to the beach!  Then off to pick apples. Jack wasn't too into it at first...
But then he had a taste of those apples, and he was obsessed with them!  He screamed if we took them away! 



We took our 36 pounds of apples and thought about all the wonderful things we will make with them. 
Heat and all, it was a great time.  This is definately going to be something we do every year. 

Have a great day!

No comments: