Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack!

So our internet has been down all weekend.  We had an awful storm Friday night and we just FINALLY got it back working, after days of being on the phone.  So I am back, I am sorry about Meetup Monday, but I think it is best to put it on hold for a while since I am having such a sad, low turnout.  : (.

Anyways I am happy to be up and running and looking forward to a giveaway later in the week!

But now for today.  Today was one of those days.

One of those days where you feel like you are THIS close to losing it.  I usually am VERY calm and cool on those days, but today was bad.  Jack was in an AWFUL mood, he was whiny and screaming all day.  I don't know why, and nothing I could do would calm him down.  Lenny was on a barking rampage all day and he woke Jack up twice from his nap. 

I was on the phone with the phone company all day trying to fix the internet and the house was a mess.
I lost it.  Once Jack finally went down for a nap I sat and cried.  I haven't cried that like in a very long time.  It felt good to get it out. 

So once Jack got up I got everyone together and we did what would make anyone happy.....we went swinging. 




For some reason, swinging makes me feel great.  Maybe because I loved it when I was little, but I love it.  It released all my stress and made all of us a lot happier.





Even Lenny felt better just by watching us swing!


So I had a bad day. Being a "new" mom is hard sometimes.  Life is hard sometimes. There will probably be many more bad days ahead for us. But at the end of it all, that's all it is...a bad day.  Tomorrow will come and I can start my day all over.  And we will make it good, because we have each other.

5 comments:

Little BGCG said...

Those are some great pictures! Your little guy is so cute! It sucks to feel like you can't do anything to make your LO better but I'm glad your day turned out better.

Kahla said...

Toughest job in the world! May today be better for you all!

Faith and Family Reviews said...

Swinging is fun! What a great idea after a hard day!

My husband has a t-shirt that says "One of the best jobs in the world is the toughest....fatherhood" it certainly applies to motherhood too.

Sorry you had a bad day. They do come, but thankfully they also go. I think they just shape us into the mothers we are meant to be.

Your son is a cutie pie. Hope you enjoy a better day today!

Theresa

Belle's Butterfly said...

Sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. Beautiful pictures. We took Belle to the swings last night too. She loves them!

Liz said...

Great pictures!!

By the way, I linked your blog in my post tonight if you want to take a look :)