Friday, June 21, 2013

The "I just had a baby" Summer Bucket List

The following is a guest post written by Lindsay, who blogs over at The Naughty Mommy. We are participating in A Grande Life’s Summer Blog Swap! Check out Lindsay's blog to see my guest post, "50 Summer Fun Activities."

summerbucketlist 
 Last week I gave birth to my second child. I also have a two-year-old. Let’s just say that I expect this summer to be about SURVIVING. Hence, my summer bucket list is not going to have cool things like “go deep-sea diving off the coast of Florida” or “go see one of my favorite bands play in concert.” No, my summer bucket list is going to have “mom things” on it. I present to you my list of challenging feats that I will attempt to accomplish during the months of June, July, and August. I call it… The “I Just Had A Baby” Summer Bucket List:
  1. Get dressed in something other than nursing shirts and sweatpants.
  2. Take both kids to the store (any store), by myself.
  3. Enjoy a summer cocktail…well, several summer cocktails.
  4. Go for a run alone. Without a dog, without any kids, and without the jogging stroller.
  5. Wear a bikini again. In public.
  6. Tell my husband I’m sick and then marathon the 25 episodes of old-school Real Housewives of Orange County that have accumulated on my TiVo.
  7. Figure out how to set up the darn sprinkler in the backyard.
  8. Learn how to blow better bubbles so my two-year-old doesn’t always say “Oh no, bubbles broken!” when I try to do it.
  9.  Eat a meal that doesn't consist of my toddler's leftovers or a granola bar.
  10. Get a full night of sleep. (Just once, pretty please??)
  11. Start pumping so that I can go out sans baby for more than twenty minutes at a time.
  12. Eat dinner out at a restaurant with my husband.
  13. Make it to the beach somehow!
  14. Get my daughter to kick her Caillou habit...it's starting to look like a full-fledged addiction.
  15. Figure out the trick to a baby boy NOT peeing on you every time his diaper is changed.
Be sure to follow Lindsay on Pinterest and Facebook as well!

2 comments:

ConnieFoggles said...

I really laughed as I read this. I sure remember those days. Since my daughter is pregnant with a boy, she told me about the Pee Pee Tee Pee. Have a relaxing and fun summer!

Lindsay said...

What is the pee pee tee pee?? I need it!