Monday, March 5, 2012

The power of the sticker.....

I posted last week about how Jack was going through a "phase".  I think it was called the"No I don't wanna, screaming, laying on the floor" phase.  Well, being in a the Special Education field, I have some experience with reward charts and behavior plans.  So I made one for Jack....and it looks a little something like this:



Cute right? Jack earns a sticker for each item he does and at the end of the day he can choose a penny or an M & M for each sticker earned.  

 We had a rough start last week with Jack earning stickers in 2 out of the 6 areas.  Being nice to Lenny was a hard one, as was being nice to Mommy and Daddy.   But from day 1, Jack was able to tell me what each picture was and was really motivated to earn a sticker for each one.  By the end of the week, Jack was earning all of his stickers!  Maybe it's just luck, but I really believe the chart and stickers have been great for motivating Jack to be a good boy.  


I would love to hear things that have worked for you, and I will keep you all informed as time goes on...I hope this all keeps up!

I hope you are having a great week!

No comments: