Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snowpocalypse 2011....and some cookies

We had a snow day today.  Chicago schools NEVER have a snow day.  But with 2 feet of snow predicted, it seems like a good idea.

What do I do when I am home from work with a blizzard outside?  I make chocolate chip cookies!
Chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favorite treat in the world.  I don't really like cake, or care for ice cream, but chocolate chip cookies have my heart.  I like my cookies thick and chewy, so if you are the same, this is the recipe for you. 


Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies

adapted from My Baking Addiction

Ingredients
2 sticks cold and cubed unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon table salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 cup walnuts (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mix in vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
2. Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips/chunks and nuts.
3. Transfer dough to clean work surface and gently mix dough by hand to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
4. Roll dough in to balls the size of your choice. (I made mine tablespoon size)
4. Place each on sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven 10-15 minutes depending on how gooey you like your cookies.  (I baked mine 12 minutes)
5. Let cool on rack and store in an  airtight container.



No comments: