Friday, March 12, 2010

A Learning Experience

So my husband went out of town yesterday morning and will return tonight. “How hard can this be?” I thought. Surely I can handle one day alone with Jack and our dog, Lenny.


I am now eating my words. I now have so much respect for single mothers. I have NO IDEA how they do it. Last night I did not eat dinner, I did not sit down once. Jack screamed for an hour straight and Lenny rang his bell to go potty at least 10 times in a span of 3 hours. After putting Jack to bed at 7:30, he then woke up at 9, 10, 1:30, 3:30. Now this was only one night of being alone with Jack. I can’t imagine mom’s who do this every night.


I am exhausted. I want my husband home.

2 comments:

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

I'm a wuss and always go to my parents when Hubby has to travel. I'm glad he'll be back soon!

Karen said...

My husband is home at night but I'm the only one who gets up with the baby. He gets up with our 3 year old if he wakes up. I haven't gotten more than 2.5 hours of consecutive sleep in over a month because the baby is boycotting sleep. I'm losing my mind.