In the meantime I wanted to share a super tasty, super easy meal I made last week.
photo from eclectic recipe.com
Cashew Chicken. I pinned it last week on Pinterest and had to try it right away. We were not disappointed. This was so quick and perfect for a weeknight meal.
I hope you all are doing well, and that you had a great weekend...summer is almost here!!
Cashew Chicken (courtesy of Eclectic recipes.com)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3/4 water or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- steamed white rice
- Cook white rice according to package directions. Preheat large skillet or wok over low heat. Add olive oil, garlic and cashews to skillet. Saute over low heat until garlic becomes golden, but don’t let the garlic brown, or it will become bitter.
- Salt and pepper chicken. Add chicken to skillet and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add cornstarch to a small bowl with the water and mix well. Add cornstarch and water to chicken. Then add hoisin sauce and vinegar. Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened. Just before serving, add green onions and serve with rice.